These Cranberry and Orange Shortbread Biscuits are absolutely delicious! They’re wonderfully crumbly, buttery and perfect with a relaxing cup of tea, especially as they’re so easy to make. There is something about these flavours which makes me imagine being snuggled up in front of the fire with a blanket, nice and cozy! A perfect autumnal treat! So much better than shop bought and they keep for several days too, so you can even make them a few days in advance!
- 200g Plain Flour
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 125g Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Essence
- 1 Orange (Zest Only)
- 75g Dried Cranberries (chopped)
- 50g Dark Chocolate
- Importantly, the first step is to preheat the oven to 170 degrees celcius and grease an 8 inch square tin ! Without this you’d be a bit stuck!
- Now for the shortbread dough! Mix together the Plain Flour and Caster Sugar before rubbing the Butter into the dry ingredients with your thumb and forefinger in order to make a breadcrumb texture.
- Mix in the Orange Zest, Cranberries and Vanilla with a wooden spoon and push the mixture into a dough using hands (be careful not to work the dough too much!).
- Place the dough into the tin and press it down into a 1cm layer before scoring the shortbread so you can break the shortbread apart later (any shape you like will work but I love these little fingers which are perfect for dunking into a cup of tea!)
- Sprinkle some extra caster sugar over the shortbread before putting the tin into the oven for 25-30 minutes until the shortbread is a light golden brown.
- Once the shortbread has come out of the oven, break it apart along the score lines and lay it onto a rack to cool.
- Once the shortbread has cooled, Melt the Dark Chocolate in the microwave and spoon it into a disposable piping bag.
- Lastly, Drizzle the chocolate onto your shortbread just to give it that little bit more indulgence and Voila, you’re done!
Now you can enjoy your delicious hard work (which didn’t take long at all!) with a lovely cup of tea!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I enjoy eating these shortbread!